MRL is committed to providing increasing opportunities for Indigenous engagement and employment. The Company has an Aboriginal Engagement Program (EAP), which is reviewed annually.
MRL has implemented various cultural initiatives and awareness training aligned with the EAP to deliver a stronger workforce with diverse knowledge and a greater understanding of Aboriginal cultural values.
MRL is actively involved in the following initiatives throughout its business:
- Aboriginal Steering Committee established for continuous improvement of engagement with Indigenous communities
- Workshops delivered for cultural education, safety, understanding and values of Aboriginal Australia
- Traditional Owner Group’s engagement with regards to contractual opportunities, employment and community development
- Engagement with RTIO/AFL Footy Means Business Program seeking employment opportunities for the Aboriginal candidates
- Sponsorship of the Books In Homes Program for Aboriginal communities that encourages parent and child engagement through reading
- NAIDOC Week celebration and launch of a week-long art exhibition and the incorporation of bush foods into camp site menus