Today we have released our Annual Reporting Suite which outlines the incredible achievements and performance that everyone at MinRes has contributed to over the past financial year.
We’ve had one of the busiest years ever and have celebrated some incredible milestones.
The outstanding achievements have been made possible by our people – who bring their passion, their devotion and determination to work every day. That’s why this year’s Annual Report and Sustainability Report are dedicated to our team of nearly 5,000 people that are the bedrock of our success.
Our Success Is Our People: Introducing I Am MinRes
As you look through our Annual Reporting Suite you will see some familiar faces – Sustainability Manager, Marie-Alice Small; Safety Advisor Jasper Daruwala; IT Support Officer and Chief Remote Pilot Phillip Falkingham; and Senior INX Administrator, Cilivia Moro Moriba, to name just a few.
But do you know about their other talents? A Bollywood Actor, Human Rights Advocate, Paladin-Bearer of Shadowmourne and Snow Leopard Conservationist – and that’s not in the order their names were listed.
These individuals, like everyone in the MinRes team, make a significant contribution to our business by bringing their true selves to work. We want to celebrate individuality because we know it’s the eclectic range of work and life experience that helps create a culture of acceptance and a unified sense of ambition here at MinRes.
Coming Soon: I Am MinRes Exhibition at Our New Art Gallery
The portraits of our people will soon be on show at the MinRes Gallery at our 20 Walters Drive HQ.
‘I am MinRes’ will be the first exhibition and will feature more than 40 of our amazing people and their hidden talents, shot by MinRes Brand Director and world-renowned photographer Russell James. This will set the precedent for a collaborative and ground-breaking gallery, pushing MinRes into territory that no mining company has gone before.
Annual Reporting Suite: The Highlights
In a year where we celebrated 30 years in business and entered the ASX50 index, we celebrated so many incredible achievements, including:
- Keeping our people safe, with no Lost Time Injuries during the year
- Outstanding results delivered by our CSI Mining Services business, with five new contracts awarded and three contracts renewed during the year
- Reaching a final investment decision on our transformational Onslow Iron project. This will be one of the largest iron ore projects undertaken in WA and deliver significant long-term benefits to the Thalanyji people, the local community and the Australian economy
- Resuming production at our Wodgina lithium operation and commencing upgrades at our Mt Marion lithium operation, which will see spodumene production increase from 450,000 tonnes to 900,000 tonnes before the end of this year
- Making one of Australia’s largest onshore gas discoveries at Lockyer Deep in the Perth Basin
- Continuing to grow our diverse workforce – this includes increasing female participation from 17 per cent to 20 percent, the introduction of our Military to Mining initiative and continuing to welcome ‘second-generation’ employees across all areas of our business
- Supporting the communities where we operate by contributing $5.7 million through community partnerships and charitable contributions; and continuing to collaborate with Traditional Owner Groups, which included the launch of our inaugural Reconciliation Action Plan
- Establishing our Board level Sustainability Committee to oversee our approach to sustainability management and performance, this includes our path to achieving net zero emissions by 2050.
To read more, you can view the annual reporting suite here.