Mineral Resources (MinRes) is committed to an environmental management approach that maintains our licence to operate in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner.
As our business continues to grow at pace, we understand our ongoing success involves policies, processes and systems that protect not only our business and our people – but also our communities and our environment.
Operating in ecologically-diverse areas means we need to balance the commercial nature of our business with our responsibility to protect the long-term health of the environments and communities where we work.
While MinRes has achieved significant improvements across various environmental initiatives, we remain committed to continual improvement through proactive stakeholder engagement, research opportunities, operational transparency, environmental awareness, and trusted partnerships with local communities.
We also understand the importance of managing our climate-related obligations, risks and opportunities as we continue to operate in a changing and carbon-constrained climate.
Monitoring Our Progress
MinRes undertakes regular assessments of our environmental efforts to help identify the most pressing challenges and opportunities for delivering responsible and sustainable business outcomes.
These assessments are informed by:
- stakeholder engagement,
- investor roadshows,
- material issues defined by peer organisations,
- mining industry analyses by prominent advisory firms and think tanks,
- media reviews,
- criteria assessed by ESG rating agencies,
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board – Metals and Mining Sustainability Accounting Standard, and
- United Nations (UN) Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs).
Our Environmental Policy and Environmental Management System also guide our operations at all levels, which are continually reviewed to support changes to legislation and industry standards.
Mineral Resources operations adhere to various State and Commonwealth environmental legislation, including the Environmental Protection Act 1986 (WA), the Mining Act 1978 (WA), the Rights in Water and Irrigation Act 1914 (WA) and the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth).
Environment, Community and Heritage Policies
- 2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023 Sustainability Report – Microsite
- 2023 Sustainability Data Tables
- 2022 Sustainability Report
- 2022 Sustainability Data Tables
- 2021 Sustainability Report – reading view
- 2021 Sustainability Report – for printing
- 2021 Sustainability Performance Data Tables
- 2020 Sustainability Report
- 2019 Sustainability Report
Tailings Storage Facilities
- How We Manage Our Tailings Facilities
- 2021 Sustainability Data Tables – Tailings Facility Register
- 2020 Tailings Safety Disclosure
- AQ2 Report 2019