MinRes maintains a healthy and safe work environment for our employees, contractors and visitors.
Health and safety performance are fundamental to MinRes’ overall success and pivotal to our social licence to operate. We work hard to protect the safety and wellbeing of the MinRes family – our workforce, their families and the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment and a safe system of work for our employees, our contractors and our visitors.
The continuous review and refinement of our safety policies, standards and procedures across our business, ensures our expectations on safety are clearly communicated and understood.
We are committed to sustaining safety performance with a focus of embedding our systems for longer-term success.
An updated safety strategy and performance criteria were implemented in July 2017, setting the benchmark for consistent high performance across all of our businesses.
Our safety strategy consists of five key pillars to embed and consolidate the significant safety improvements we’ve implemented in recent years:
- Leadership – highly engaged, visible and proactive safety leadership at all levels of the business
- Operational Discipline – an unwavering discipline and commitment to perform in all areas of our operations
- ‘Fit for Purpose’ Systems – continual improvement of systems and processes to ensure these are ‘fit for purpose’ and are eliminating any barriers to success
- Critical Risk Management – ensuring critical risk activities are identified and managed with clear accountability for verification of critical controls
- Resilient People – active investment in the health and well-being of our people through education and initiatives. We have a clear focus on our peoples’ ‘fitness for work’ encompassing all elements of physical and mental health
As we expand our business, we will continue to focus on working safely and providing our people with the necessary skills, systems and processes to perform their roles safely.
We are committed to further safety performance improvements and have in place the leadership, culture and systems to enable that journey to continue.